From General Pet Information to Dog-Related and Cat-Related Sites, to Pet Loss and even Pet Travel, you’ll find a wealth of pet-related information.
- Basic Dog Care from Purina.
- The Senior Dogs Project. A website devoted to looking out for older dogs.
- Dogs For Kids Resource Guide – Provided By Bump Reveal.
- The American Kennel Club’s list of dog breeds from A to Z.
- Learn About Heartworm Disease in Dogs.
- The Cat Fancier’s Association has information on cat shows, cat breeds, cat care, as well as a showcase of top winning cats.
- Cat care tips from Purina
- Cornell University Veterinary School’s Feline Health Center website contains information on medical topics relating to cat health care.
- Ohio State University’s Indoor Cat Initiative provides information related to enriching the lives of indoor cats.
- Information about Feline Hyperthyroidism
- The Internet Guide to Feline Diabetes.
- Heartworm is not only a disease for dogs; cats can get heartworms, too. Learn more by visiting The Feline Heartworm Society.
General Pet Sites
- The ASPCA exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain and suffering in animals.
- Visit the ASPCA’s Animal Poison Control Center website for any animal poison-related emergency.
- If animals were able to talk, you would find their voices at The Humane Society of the United States. The Humane Society promotes the protection of all animals. Here you will find many wonderful animal-related stories and lots of valuable information on pet care, pet adoption and animal welfare issues.
- Learn more about the human-animal health connection at the Pet Partners.
- A Source of Information for You and Your Pet.
- Solutions to your Pet’s Behavior Problems provided to you by the ASPCA.
- Are you looking to adopt a pet? Are you looking for a lost pet? You can do both at PetFinder.com.
- Recommendations for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of parasite infections.
- Are you worried your that your pet consumed something dangerous? The Pet Poison Helpline can help.
- Visit Great Pets for expert pet advice.
- For information on West Nile Virus, visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- Pet Adoption for Seniors: Benefits, Care, and Risks
- Veterinary Oral Health Council (VOHC)
Pet Loss Information
- The University of Florida offers a Grief Support Hotline plus some articles on coping with pet loss.
- Tufts University offers a Grief Support Hotline and articles regarding the loss of a pet.
- Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine’s Pet Loss Support Hotline
- The University of Illinois Grief Support Hotline